OTT has created a position to manage important internal initiatives and high-value alliances with external organizations, including both non-profit and for-profit entities. OTT seeks a Program Manager to work closely with research and administrative teams distributed across the University and various third party stakeholders in support of pioneering programs aimed at the creation of actionable intellectual property as well as the post-transaction coordination of intellectual property related agreements.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced project manager in a collaborative cross-functional office with numerous stakeholders focused on translating cutting-edge laboratory discoveries into commercial products.
The Project Manager is a self-starter with the keen ability to anticipate, manage, and resolve issues that occur in the course of alliances and other partnerships, both within the University and with external stakeholders. The Project Manager understands organizational needs and the resources required to achieve success and can identify and proactively remove obstacles, mitigate risk, and approach each project under management with a positive attitude, confidence, and transparency, fostering trust with internal colleagues and external partners.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Project Manager for Partnerships & Alliances. This position requires exceptional organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills to successfully manage formal collaborations, funding arrangements focused on intellectual property, and alliances with our commercial partners. Productive and efficient, the Program Manager possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, and understands complex contracts that accompany those alliances.
• Bachelor's degree in science, business administration, project management, or a related field
• A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in project management, alliance management, partnership development, or a similar collaborative role
• Exceptional communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on data-driven decision-making
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, must have experience scheduling meetings and managing virtual platforms (e.g. Zoom)
• Experience reviewing and summarizing contracts required; ability to redline contracts is a plus
• Experience in translational science and/or clinical trial environment will be considered favorably
The Rockefeller University does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the characteristics listed above.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on various factors, including but not limited to organizational budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The hiring range provided represents The Rockefeller University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.