We seek a Bioinformatics Assistant to join the Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases. The successful candidate will join the dry lab division, and will aid in the management and analysis of sequencing data (genome, exome, and RNA) from more than 25,000 individuals with a wide range of infectious diseases. The candidate will mainly analyze bulk/single-cell RNA-seq data; evaluate and implement new analysis methods; and deposit RNA-seq data to federal databases. Additional responsibilities include: aiding in the genome/exome-sequencing pipeline, maintaining in-house computer servers, communicating with IT for any IT-related issues, and providing bioinformatic support to lab members and external collaborators.
Specific tasks include:
• Familiar with Linux environment and shell script.
• Excellent programming experience in Python and R.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivation and attention to detail are a must.
• Prior experience in RNA-seq data analysis is a must.
• Prior experience in genome/exome-sequencing data analyses is a plus.
• Prior experience in website/database development is a plus.
• Educational Requirements: MS degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related fields.
• Strong sense of responsibility and be able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in genetics studies preferred
The Rockefeller University does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the characteristics listed above.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on various factors, including but not limited to organizational budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The hiring range provided represents The Rockefeller University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.